The 90s Are All That is absolutely a disgrace. I’m a bigger Nickelodeon fan than anyone I know and couldn’t have been more excited for this new block of old television, however, all my excitement went down the drain after I finally watched it.
Night number one (and the rest of them, I think?) was supposed to be hosted by Kenan (one of the reasons I decided to record the night, because, while you can get all the episodes they were showing and the majority of the old Nickelodeon bumpers online [I’ll get to this later], you can’t get Kenan’s new interview stuff), but he was on screen about one minute total. It was incredibly disappointing. Then, I watch All That! really excited to see the show again for the first time in forever, oh, what’s this, my TV says Naughty by Nature is performing?! Thank god. Oh wait, they were removed from the episode for no apparent reason even though Nick owns the TV rights for the performances. Ugh.
Then, there’s a pretty lame but passable remix song featuring a bunch of clips of old bumpers and shows. I figure it’s a preview for things to come, yet after the entire two-hour night, there are no full bumpers shown at all. In fact, the lack of any old Nickelodeon commercials, and the insane amount of brand new embarrassingly bad modern commercials took me out of the 90s entirely. This is not a nostalgic experience at all. That’s like calling Nick GAS nostalgic. That’s just a channel that shows old shows you like with new material surrounding it. I could torrent the episodes, then watch YouTube clips of the bumpers, and feel more 90s nostalgia then I could while watching this.
Not to mention, as I type this, it’s Friday night and the last night of the first week of The 90s Are All That. Umm, are you kidding me? The absence of Saturday night programming (whether Snick or otherwise) is absurd and a huge missed opportunity. Until there’s some shows shown that are really rare and harder to get (will there ever be?) this is absolutely worthless. I want my fucking orange couch, rare Kenan and Kel hosted cartoon marathons, and my singing tenors. I’m working on some bootleg DVDs that will be the true 90s experience, not this garbage they are trying to pass off. This is capitalizing on the stupidity and love for these shows of people my age who know no better (well, they forget the better because it was over a decade ago) and accept this trash as great 90s retro programming. Fuck this bullshit. I’ll tune in once a week to see if they’ve done anything better yet.
- cunningxlinguistics reblogged this from xcriterionmasterx and added:
- sharstruckk reblogged this from my-adoration
- my-adoration reblogged this from xcriterionmasterx
- siasunshinee reblogged this from youstillloverockandroll
- iseedeadskies likes this
- heyynerdss reblogged this from xcriterionmasterx and added:
- ptahole likes this
- sasorinofukkatsu likes this
- exposednipple likes this
- missmuffintop likes this
- brendenjones said: I was excited the first night, but then pissed when it was only 2 hours. I thought it was gonna be like nick at nite and go on all night. I really hope they show all the shows they had in that weird bumper remix thing.
- nick0lemarie likes this
- sweetascoko likes this
- angelaconcilio likes this
- reeecosuave reblogged this from xcriterionmasterx and added:
- itsallaluciddream likes this
- youstillloverockandroll reblogged this from theclinicalycanthropy
- ghdos reblogged this from theclinicalycanthropy and added:
- shawnbradford likes this
- theclinicalycanthropy reblogged this from xcriterionmasterx and added:
- stoljiz said: I really like this post, not because I feel the same way, but because this is the first negative thing I’ve read about 90s Nick. I recorded it, watched it, and got no nostalgic value from it at all.
- stoljiz likes this
- caribbean-goth said: I agree with all of this, they probably only “brought the 90s back” for those shitty hot topic kids who like 90s cartoons but were barely old enough to even watch them
- caribbean-goth likes this
- xcriterionmasterx posted this